Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Quarantine diaries: day 11

 The end is so near I can smell it. Which is obviously a good sign, symptoms-wise. I think I may suffer some attachment issues when I get out - flashes in my most anxious moments (and there will definitely be some of those considering all the wedding duties I have apparently just been assigned) and longing for the safety and numbness I felt whilst inside. I wonder if there is some kind of badge all of us quarantine-completers. There should be one. Like a little lapel pin we can flash each other when we meet at cafes and stand much further away from each other than all the other Sydneysiders. 

But I am so looking forward to sitting on grass again and wandering around trees and moving water and feeling a breeze. As an exercise in encouraging gratitude, this experience has definitely worked on me. Never will I take that stuff for granted ever again, but I've just planned out my 4 days of freedom before the festival of sister's wedding commences and I am going to have to scrape for my nature time in amongst all the other normal-life chores. It'll be worth it though. To be back and safe and participating and with family is a bigger deal than past me would have ever been able to recognise. So that's a change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment